Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Reasons why I'm doing this

So I'm not really one for putting things out there on the internet, partially because I'm paranoid and don't trust poeple (no offense) and partially because I guess you all have better things to do than read what I have to say. Even in the age of Myspace, Facebook and Twitter, even as I type this, I'm coming up with other things I could do instead. That is until io9's observation deck.

For those who don't know, io9 is a website that posts all things sci-fi/fantasy with great geeky humor that isn't insulting and the Observation deck is one of the forums where people post tips, activites, random musings and where I'm known as geesejuggler. After the observation deck started (or as it's been christened, the O-Deck), some of the regular commenters decide to different things that other commenters could participate in together on different days of the week and hashtag them: #MusicMonday (where you upload songs that you've been listening to), #GameroomTuesday (to discuss video games), etc. Anyway, one of the hashtags is #ThursdayShortStory in which you write an original short story and post it either on the the itself or on your blog then post the link to the forum.

Still confused? Me too but just bear with me. I've been working on some story ideas and I decided to start a blog, post some of my stories on the forum so I can get some feedback on my writing skills (which level is about a -15) to improve in the future.

So that's it. Hopefully, you're a fast reader so as not to waste too much of your time.

Juggler out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kpop Playlist: Idol Producers

T his has been a playlist I've wanted to do. Before 2012, a Kpop idol who wrote/produced their own music was a rarity, and sometimes tha...