Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Creative Challenge: Penny For Your Thought

For full background on the story, Click here



Their heavy, metallic steps still grew closer. No matter how fast I was, I still saw their shapes, lurking. Helicopter swirled above me while searchlights pierced the gray darkness around me but none of that worried me as much as the voices behind me. Cold and distant yet seemingly submissive as it they were helping me. They tried to fool me but I kept running. I wouldn't be like the others.
They finally cornered me, their soulless eyes as they analyzed my weakened form. I tried to fight as one approached me but two of them came from behind me and held me still. I was no match for them. "Penny for your thought?" It asked. It didn't worry about my answer. They never did.
The one in front of me reached and touched my head. I felt its palm heat up and screamed. A sea of eyes glowing eyes stood before me as they slowly processed my thoughts. I closed my eyes and focused on one thought. A thought that would calm me, a thought that would make me stronger, a thought that could possibly overwhelm their simple minds and possibly end this bloody war.
I thought of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kpop Playlist: Idol Producers

T his has been a playlist I've wanted to do. Before 2012, a Kpop idol who wrote/produced their own music was a rarity, and sometimes tha...